Christmas is over, it’s time to get back to work and plan ahead for 2014. You may be thinking about booking holidays, going to special occasions or applying for a new job or course, but have you though about booking your dental appointments?
We recommend 6 monthly check-ups for all our patients and we also advise visiting a dental hygienist. If you are due a check-up, call the practice today to book your next appointment!
Check-ups are very quick and they aren’t painful, but they are really important. When you come for a check-up, your dentist uses a check-list to look for any changes in your mouth, any signs of gum disease, decay or oral cancer and to check that everything looks ok; they can also answer any questions you have about dental treatment, oral hygiene or giving up smoking.
Good health for 2014
Your health should always be a priority and if you are looking for ways to boost your health in the New Year, here are some simple suggestions:
- exercise more: health experts recommend doing 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 times per week
- eat well: eating a healthy and balanced diet will help to reduce your risk of a host of illnesses, as well as helping you to look and feel good
- prioritise your oral health; maintain a good daily oral hygiene routine, take good care of your teeth and gums and see your dentist for regular check-ups
- look after yourself; it can be very easy to forget about yourself, especially if you have a very busy schedule and you may find that you are constantly putting others in front; try to make more time for yourself this year
- get more sleep: research shows that many people do not get enough sleep; try to go to bed earlier, de-stress and unwind before bed and relax
We look forward to seeing you for your dental checks this year; to book your next routine check-up, contact our friendly reception team today or pop in and see us near Foxrock! We wish you a happy and healthy 2014!