At Dublin18 Dental Care we believe that good dental health starts with good dental hygiene. That’s why during this month of September we are offering a complimentary hygienist session for all our patients who book a dental check up with Dr Kevin Murphy.
Our 13-point dental health check
During your check up we will assess 13 key areas, to ensure that you are in the very best of dental health.
- We will discuss any personal concerns you have about your teeth and mouth.
- We will look over your medical history and discuss how certain issues may affect your dental health.
- We will carry out an oral cancer screening, checking your lips, cheeks, tongue, glands and skin for any warning signs. Catching oral cancer early can literally save your life.
- We will check the flow of saliva in the mouth.
- We will look over the tongue for illnesses or bad-breath causing coatings.
- We will check for tooth decay.
- We will check for erosion and cracks, which are an indication of wear.
- We will examine any existing fillings, bridges and crowns you have, to ensure that they are still performing at an optimal level.
- We will check how your bite sits in your mouth, as misalignment can cause numerous problems
- We will check the joints of your jaw and its muscles for problems that may be affecting the way you eat and chew.
- We will look over your gums to ensure that you are not suffering from periodontal disease.
- We will look at areas in the mouth that you have been accidentally missing during your oral hygiene routine. We will then provide advice as to the best way to address these areas.
- We may also provide x-ray examination if we feel we need to check between, under or inside your teeth.
Why are dental checks and cleaning sessions so important?
The health of your mouth can affect your whole body, with numerous studies linking dental plaque to heart disease and other problems. Oral cancer is also a worry, not just to your mouth but also to your whole body, but with a dental health check and a hygienist clean you can feel happy in the health of your mouth. Our 13-point health check helps us spot any problems you may have, and with a hygienist cleaning session plaque and bacteria that cause so many problems will be banished. To arrange a dental health check-up with Dr Kevin Murphy contact the team at Dublin18 Dental Care near Deansgrange,